<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 10, 2006

From the World of Technology

So I hate Sprint. Though the phone I bought from them last summer was blue and cute and tiny, it failed to actually ever receive calls, and I sort of viewed this as a drawback, since my telegraph machine was also simultaneously on the fritz. So I took it after a few months, and they "updated my software," which I think gave me unlimited lives on Zelda, but tragically failed to give me any calling power beyond your average hot pink plastic bubble-gum-filled "cell phone." So I took the thing in again last week, and after being told to "come back in an hour, hour and a half" on three separate occasions (I love how they just assume that no one who owns a cell phone has a job or, for that matter anywhere to be -- hence the need for a "mobile" phone.) met with the Surliest Sprint Employee in Human History:

"Yeah, your phone don't work," he intuited.

"Uh huh," I replied, somehow hoping for more.

"We gonna give you this new phone, maybe, but I got to talk to the technician, and he just went to lunch. Come back in an hour, hour and a half."

"Okay, well, I kind of have to be somewhere, so I probably won't be back until tomorrow, is that okay?"

"No, it's really not. But if that's the best you can do..."

Isn't it nice to finally have someone inject the moral dimension back into cell phone repair? The Catholic Church better watch out, because I've got a whole new source of guilt and recrimination from which to draw. And just in time for Easter!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?