<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Haunting

Last night Roommate Liz informed me that she believes our (now) old apartment was haunted. Apparently, objects have been moved around without either one of us doing it (or our adorable Korean orphan named Ming) and there have been mysterious noises that cannot just be attributed to the carnally adventurous couple living beneath us. Plus, there was a strange incident whereby I threw away my copy of Learning How to Use the Internet: Instructions and Examples before moving and yet somehow found it in a box when we arrived at the new place. I also now think the ghost may have been to blame for setting up season passes for Girlfriends and Eve on my DVR. Clearly, it is a very evil creature.

So admittedly the evidence supporting this ghost theory is slim, but I am all in favor of it. I like to think that someone died of cholera or multiple stab wounds in my former home and just decided to stay and promote computer literacy and good organization. Or maybe the building was put up on some ancient Indian burial ground and the Illini just happen to be big fans of the UPN. I don't need a huge body count, just enough to make things interesting.

But now I'm kind of nervous to go back there lest I encounter this restless spirit. I mean, what do you talk about with an apparition from the turn of the century? Scurvy? Spats? I may just have to write off the towels and bag of pretzels I left over there and move on with my life.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?