<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Most Terrible Tragedy of Our Time

I found out yesterday that I may be changing offices. From the 43rd floor on the East side to the 37th floor on the "not sure" side, which is clearly code for West. Although it is official policy to pretend that all the offices are equally good, everyone secretly knows that the East side is awesome, because you can see the river and the lake and the parks and museums, and all of the other stuff you can't ever actually visit in person because you're working instead. The West side essentially has a view of the people's condos in the building across the street. And we're not talking attractive, naked people, either.

Plus, on the 37th floor I'll be stuck in among intellectual property people, who will probably want to talk about patents all the time, instead of who made out with who, which is what God intended. And I'll have to go up ten floors to talk to most of the people I work with, which is like a half an hour trip the way people abuse the elevators in my building. And they have weird lighting fixtures down there and everything is too close together.

They tried to cheer me up by pointing out how my floor will be the first stop for the elevator now. But obviously that's just something they say to people who have bad offices.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?