<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Police Blotter

I have become the victim of a crime. Not an interesting crime, mind you, but a crime nonetheless. Someone smashed in one of the rear windows on my car and stole, of all things, a box of wine glasses out of the back seat. Perhaps some wino wanted to class things up a bit? That whole bottle clasped in paper bag thing is so last season.

The truly strange part, though, is the number of my belongings that the thief apparently deemed not good enough to steal. Apparently, my Walgreen's sunglasses are too cheap-looking even for those who rob for a living. My taste in cutlery was apparently not thought as strong as that for stemware, and while the big bag of health and beauty aids in the back seat was worthy of perusal (maybe he cut himself smashing the window? awww.), it did not merit actual pilfering. I mean, seriously, my Nytol Caplets aren't good enough for you? I'm a little bit offended.

And today I then got to drive my newly-ventilated vehicle to an autoglass shop for repairs. Since I unsurprisingly know nothing of autoglass, I chose a place out of the phone book based on quality of ad. This turned out to be somewhat problematic, as the shop I randomly selected was miles away and predominately Spanish-speaking. Luckily, it turns out that a credit card is the universal language. I'm making a lot of friends, one vandalism at a time.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?