<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Idol Worship

My friend Angel was on the local FOX affiliate yesterday for their "Chicago Idol" competition. It was a pretty amusing event, and not just because their anchor had crazy hair and made Angel do a Macy Gray (how timely!) impression. They had three judges, including Chicago's "most popular overnight DJ," and at least two of them appeared to wish that they were anywhere else in the world. The judges gave amazing feedback like "Girl, you da bomb, okay?" and "You really brought it right to the cameras, you know? You just put it out there." And one of them said the word "sensual" so often I seriously feared he might not be wearing pants. (Luckily, there was a substantial news crawler strategically covering the naughty areas.) It quite possibly the greatest event in the history of pre-8 AM television since Tom Cruise explained the history of psychology to Matt Lauer.

On another musical note, today my gym was honest to God playing the theme from Baywatch while I worked out. It was a remix, so I was kind of jamming to it for a minute before I realized what it was, but then I had definite visions of Hasselhoff. If anything is going to inspire you to get in shape, it's the thought of a brillo-headed Yeti in high-waisted trunks.

And while I'm talking about Baywatch, did anyone see that show (I think it was on E!, but it might have been VH1, since they're essentially the same now) about how the kid who played Hobie got all fucked up on drugs and grew a mullet and stuff? Yeah, I don't really have anything funny to say about it, I just hope someone else saw it, because it had a lot of important things to say about the price of fame and bad haircuts.

God, I hope that doesn't happen to Angel, now that she's famous and all. Maybe I should hide all the scissors, just in case.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?