<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Dispatches from the Front

My Blockbuster closed down without telling me. I showed up, all ready to be dazzled by Hollywood's brightest stars, and the shelves stood forlorn and empty without their copies of Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and She's All That. No more sassy clerk downing half a box of Snowcaps with one hand while silently judging your copy of Never Been Kissed with the other. No more forever untouched copies of Blender magazine. Just gone.

Thank God I didn't have anything checked out at the time. Think of the late fees.

I almost died of heat exhaustion today. I have a fun habit of going for runs in 90 degree heat. It's kind of exciting because I turn bright red and people around me eye me as though I may well explode. But I drank six glasses of water, so I think I'm covered.

Tonight I'm going to a fundraising gala on behalf of my firm. It's black tie optional, so I've opted to not. These things are always so spectacularly awkward that there's sure to be fun in store. I'll have act very impressed by accomplishments people have that I don't understand and chat politely with old people about the weather. And then there will be the chicken. Is it too much to hope for a fistfight, OC style?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?