<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 02, 2006

On Holiday

Busy couple of days here. My parents came into town, so I spent Friday and Saturday consulting on such serious issues as how one uses a train card and whether $6 is too much to pay for a hamburger. We went to the Cubs/Sox game (or as I like to call it, Scenes from the Class Struggle in Chicago) and to the free exhibition at the Art Institute (since they like both art and things that are free, I thought it was a pretty good pick). We also went to an improv show and a concert in the park. Obviously, if the law thing doesn't work out I am clearly qualified to be a cruise director. I just might want to brush up on my jazzercise skills a bit.

We also saw An Inconvenient Truth, which was fairly horrifying, and not just for whatever Al Gore joke you'd like to insert here. I always thought that maybe global warming would be an okay thing, that maybe it'd just be slightly balmier here in Chicago in January and that we'd get used to it like the water in a hot tub. But it turns out that probably a lot of places would be underwater, including some of which I am somewhat fond. I tell you, when I got home I turned out all the lights I had left on to scare off potential mass murderers immediately. And I seriously tried to remember to buy those blue trash bags for recycling, although I ended up getting distracted and buying a case of taco dip instead. I'll even buy a hybrid car, if they get a little bit cuter.

But my parents are gone now, and I've still got two days off left! I'd tell you my plans for them, but you'd probably just think they're vaguely sad. Here's a hint: there's reading and furniture shopping involved.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?