<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Over the Hill

I have decided that I am officially getting old.

To begin with, I can no longer relate to anyone on MTV. The girls on My Super Sweet Sixteen make me want to put the children I don't yet have up for adoption now, and the casts of Laguna Beach and The Hills cause me to think the revolution should be televised, in the middle of Lauren's big photo shoot. I don't even understand the simpleminded rules of the new Real World/Road Rules Challenge; all I know is that all the cast members around my age seem like they need oxygen during some of the events. I'm not even sure if TRL is on any more, although I pray it's not. Maybe that's why Carson Daly's turned all manorexic.

Also, I now find myself thinking in terms of what's "responsible." I think about my mortgage payments frequently. I've been planning for the purchase of a new dining table for about two months now. And only about half of that is laziness. I'm actually shopping around!

The other day I used the phrase "when I was your age."

And much of the time now I feel like I'd rather stay home and sleep or watch a movie than go out and drink seven Long Islands for no reason. Last night I reviewed documents for work and watched part of The Sixth Sense. I don't even like that movie that much. It was just inertia.

And did I mention that I go to bed at 11:30 on Sundays? Yeah, that's right, I'm out of here.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?