<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Best Random Block Party Ever!

Although I had no idea it was coming, I was thrilled to find that my street was hosting a block party yesterday. I discovered this was so when a beer truck pulled up in front of my house, which has always been a dream of mine.

I'm not entirely sure why they call it the Reggae Roast. Mainly it was white people standing around in the street eating chicken. Plastic banners never lie, though, so the Reggae Roast it is.

Here we are all sitting on my stoop, 227 style. I get to be Marla Gibbs.


They even got a bounce house for our block party. But they only let the children use it. I learned this the hard way.
Oh, and they had that game where you hit the thing with the hammer to show how strong you are. It was right outside our house, and boy did that noise get old. But it was worth it for the classic combination of drunk people and swinging heavy objects.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?