<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 31, 2006

In Which I Ramble About Project Runway

After two seasons of really only mild interest in Project Runway, I have to admit that I have become full-blown obsessed. It is the only show that I currently tape every week, and even though I do tape it every week I still plan my social life around it so I can watch it live as well. I have made at least four different friends watch it with me, which they don't actually mind, since they're all obsessed, too. And I have to disclose that I in fact watch most episodes more then once, since you miss a lot when people feel the need to make their funny little "comments" while they're watching. I once even put Michael saying he doesn't want to be "Captain Save-a-Ho" on continuous repeat. Clearly, this is a sickness.

But I have so very many things to say about it. For instance, it was so brutally unfair that cute little Allison got booted because she had a "zaftig" model when Vincent essentially wrapped his model in butcher paper and glued trash to her. And it also sucked that good old reliable Robert got kicked off for wrapping an older lady in what was admittedly a red sack while Angry Neck Tattoo Man survived to suck the fun out of everything for yet another week. I hate Vincent and Jeffrey with a passion beyond anything I have ever experienced in the realm of reality television. I would sooner marry Omarosa than say hello to either of them on the street.

I do, on the other hand, love Michael and Laura. Every week Michael designs something I would want to wear, if I were an unrealistically thin woman. And he said that Save-a-Ho thing. And Laura regularly demonstrates the correct way to be a bitch -- with nastily funny one-liners and fake concern for your fellow contestants. The should totally get Nicole Kidman to play her in the Project Runway movie.

I cannot guarantee that I've gotten all of this out of my system.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?