<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 03, 2006

News and Notes

Friend Amy and I went to the Cubs game that got rained out last night. It was interesting to watch the hour and a half long cycle of denial, despair, and resentment the fans went through as they waited for some sort of decision to be made. It sort of mirrored the experience of being a Cubs fan in general. The truly great thing, though, was that they still sold beer and cotton candy (a winning combination) and stuff even though there was no game going on. Nothing like sitting back with a cold one and watching a monsoon. I have now been to Cubs games in 100+ degree heat, sub-freezing temperatures, heavy rains, and delicate snowfalls. I'm just waiting for the frogs and locusts, frankly.

I met with a financial planner today, which was sort of absurd for a person of my age and maturity. I mean, most of my money is tied up in Little Debbie's Snack Cakes. And I doubt he'll approve of any monthly budget where malt liquor is a line item. His best hope for making me save is quite frankly to steal my wallet while I'm in the bathroom.

There are three old-timey boats parked in the river outside my window right now. They have multiple sales, riggings, I'm betting event mizzenmasts! My guess is that it's all a big promotion for Long John Silvers. I bet they're powered entirely by popcorn shrimp.

Good times.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?