<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Secretarial Services

Can I just say that my new secretary is totally awesome? She does tables of contents and tables of authorities without any serious slip-ups, she totally gives me all the gossip on the other secretaries, and she even knows which calls I want her to screen out for me without me even telling her! Plus, she always acts as though the things I ask her to do make complete sense and are important even when they don't and they aren't. It's so nice to be treated with respect! Weird, but nice.

But this now calls into question my long held plan for escape from the dungeons of the 37th floor. If I succeed in nagging office services until they finally move me to a higher floor, they will undoubtedly force me to break this newfound bond. And I could end up with the secretary who spends the whole day reading John Grisham novels (ironic, no?) and glaring at anyone who suggests she do work. Or the secretary who sells a never-ending array of junior high band fundraising products from her desk. Or the one who bites. The options are not attractive.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?