<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Typical Weekend Morning

I started off my day today by peeing in a cup and having a blood sample taken in my kitchen. I had to have a physical for my life insurance, and apparently they now do these things at your home. So at 9:15 this morning a brisk, efficient woman carrying a huge travel case rang my buzzer and asked me a ton of questions about my medical history. I mean, at least I hope this was the lady from my insurance company. If my urine turns up on E-bay I'm going to be pissed.

It would, in fact, have been nice to sleep past 9 today, because last night we went to this awesome bar in my neighborhood where they have a ton of board games and ended up playing Scrabble and drinking PBRs until 1:30. I always love playing Scrabble because of the strange arguments about the English language it engenders, especially when there is no dictionary at hand. For instance, we determined by majority rule that "IQ" was a word but "ex" was not. I had to draw the line at "pirater," however, simply because I do not believe that there are degrees of sea terrorizing.

We also played the game of Life, in an edition far more complicated than that which I remembered from my childhood. Before, I just remembered that everyone ended up with like twelve kids and being an astronaut was a surefire source of income. But now there's stocks, real estate investments, summer jobs -- it's actually more involved than my actual life. At least I won, though. The jury's still out on the real thing.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?