<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Love Me Some Yothers

Can I just say that I am totally swept up in the thrilling emotional current of this season of Celebrity Fit Club? I'd never really bought into previous editions that much; although I enjoyed seeing minor celebrities abused and humiliated, I can't say I found the Snapple Lady's struggles with portion control to be all that compelling. But this season? Damn.

First of all, I like how they have all these people on the show who aren't even really that fat. I mean, okay, so you had a baby and can't quite fit back into your Baywatch swimsuit? That doesn't exactly make you Marlon Brando. Or you've developed some love handles since your Love Boat heyday? Maybe not a crisis that requires a dietician and a drill sergeant. I'm just saying.

I also totally love all the psychobabble they're constantly throwing around about the pressures of celebrity and the link between self confidence and weight. There's lots of crying about how we need to learn to love ourselves and learn that food is not love. Rock climbing walls and stairmasters aren't just exercise tools, they're SYMBOLS of our INNER STRUGGLES.

But mostly I just love Tina Yothers. She's funny, she's compassionate, she's back down to her Family Ties weight and leading the pack in terms of percentage of body weight lost. Get this girl her own show, immediately. Maybe Justine Bateman can costar; she's not up to much.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?