<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Celebration

My neighbors appear to be setting off fireworks right now. Either that, or the North Korean nuclear program is a little lower tech than we had imagined. I'm not sure exactly what the occasion would be -- though my google search reveals that it is Jonathan Lipnicki's birthday.

For my part, I have largely spent the day watching television. I watched the marathon, largely for the fun irony of viewing rigorous physical activity in the least physically rigorous manner possible. Then there was an MTV's MADE on that I've already seen about seven time -- the one where the "bookworm" wants to be a "beauty queen" -- so I had to settle in for that. And I've just wrapped up the only episode of Parental Control I've ever seen where the dater ditches his incumbent. She screamed obscenities and pushed them into a pool, all of which was definitely, definitely not staged.

Never fear, however, Roommate Liz and I did engage in our annual tradition of carving grossly inappropriate jack-o-lanterns last night. Because we felt we had exhausted just about every ignorant racial stereotype ever, we turned instead to over-the-top sexual explicitness. Largely this proved that Liz and I know shockingly little about sex. Pictures, of course, will follow later this week.

Right now, though, I've got to pre-clean the condo in preparation for the cleaning lady to come tomorrow. Because somehow I don't think pumpkin guts in the dishwasher was exactly what she signed on for.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?