<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Crackerjack Dialogue

I overheard the following conversation, or a reasonable facsimile thereof, on my way home on the train tonight:

MAN: I bought some socks today.
WOMAN: Uh huh.
MAN: I always have a hard time finding socks that fit right.
WOMAN: Uh huh.
MAN: I hate it when they don't stay up on your legs right.
WOMAN: Yeah.
MAN: I'm talking about athletics socks here, not dress socks.
WOMAN: Uh huh.
MAN: You know, the white ones.
WOMAN: Right.
MAN: So what did you do?
WOMAN: Oh, you know, work.
MAN: Right. So did you call Inez and tell her not to come on Tuesday?
WOMAN: Yeah.
MAN: Because, I mean, I don't want her coming on Tuesday if the painters are coming on Wednesday. It'd just be a waste.
WOMAN: Right.
MAN: They always make a mess.
WOMAN: I guess they do.
MAN: I mean, not that I blame them.
WOMAN: No.
MAN: So I kind of feel like Thai food.

I would have overheard more, but I was too focused on resisting the urge to throw myself off the train.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?