<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Inspiration

Almost five years ago, when Roommate Liz and I were still living down in the land of experimental corn and pirate-themed Italian restaurants, she gave me an amazing gift. Trashed and no doubt belligerent in a bar one night, she tore down the following poster from the wall of the ladies' restroom and dumped it in my lap:

In case you can't tell, it is a poster for Tina Yother's band, Jaded. And at the time, it seemed like an odd choice for eighties-sitcom-themed paraphernalia. Why not a copy of Delta Burke's gospel album or a vial of Rhea Perlman's vanity fragrance? But now that Our Tina has prevailed in Celebrity Fit Club Four, taking home what I believe is pretty much the same car I own, it seems more like a wonderful twist of fate. Because who else can inspire us so? Certainly not Nelson Mandela or Mother Teresa.

So every morning before I leave for work I take a moment to stop and reflect on the Power of Tina. I'm not sure I can get back to my Family Ties weight, since I think I was like ten at the time, but I may well just learn a little something about myself on the way.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?