<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Mapquest Lies

So I had to go to Indianapolis for work the past few days. This got off to kind of a rocky start when, arriving there on Thursday night, I became completely and utterly lost in their genuinely not-so-ginormous downtown. The problem was that Mapquest wholly fabricated one of the streets on which I was supposed to turn, leading me to peer hopefully at street signs for about twelve miles before finally realizing that arriving at Shantytown, USA, probably meant I had gone too far. So I called my friend for the old fashioned kind of directions, the kind that involve a lot of "oh wait, you should have turned back there" and "okay, now I have no idea where you are." An hour and a half later, I had finally arrived.

Also notable on this trip? I had to sit and eat all alone in a sit-down restaurant. Okay, so it was Rock Bottom, but I still kind of felt like everyone was staring at me and wondering why I don't have any friends. I wanted to shout "I am very popular in Chicago," but I managed to restrain myself. Mainly I just played with my Treo and pretended that people were emailing me many very important things.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?