<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Fun, Sexy Times

I have spent much of the past few days in a small room going through boxes upon boxes of client invoices. Though the likelihood that I will find anything other than Starbucks receipts and FedEx tracking slips is somewhat less than tiny, I have to look at each and every slip of paper just to make sure that none of my client's employees have accidentally confessed to arming the Iraqis or giving Jennifer Lopez her start in the entertainment industry. I have already sustained several major paper cuts and one nasty head wound (from falling asleep and slumping over onto the table), but there are several fun and promising aspects to this project.

First of all, I brought a portable radio (or "boom box" as I believe it is known on the streets) into the mix. Although it only gets two stations in the aforementioned small room that is the situs of these important operations, both of them are amusingly hardcore. Yesterday's topic for discussion on the morning show was "Would you take a bullet for your woman?" The general consensus seemed to be that, no, one would not take a bullet for one's woman, for a variety of excellent reasons, such as (1) one would end up in the hospital, while one's woman would "still be out at the club," (2) one can't tell if one's woman is "real" or if she "be playin'," and (3) taking a bullet can have adverse consequences for one's health. To me, this is the REAL "learning channel."

Second, there is no phone in the small room. This means little to no harassment from my employers. Sure, there's still email, but it's a bit less annoying. Plus you can always say you didn't get it and blame the tech people. Poor fools.

Third, I kind of like moving invoices from one pile to another. And binding them together with rubber bands or grouping them in a gusset. Organization is very soothing for the soul. Which makes Martha Stewart's general wrath a real puzzler.

That's all I can think of right now, but in a profession so rife with benefits, I'm sure this is just "to be continued..."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?