<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 06, 2006

Youtube Nation

My sister and I had some fun finding random old clips of hilarious things on Youtube last night. To begin with, I don't know if some of you have heard of a little daytime television program we like to call Days of Our Lives, but it used to be simply amazing. The year was 1997, and I was working over the summer for a local NBC affiliate, which meant I was subjected to NBC programming all day every day. (It also meant that I owned a Friends t-shirt and took angry calls from confused elderly viewers who "didn't like seeing so many negroes" on the local news, but that's another story.) But anyway, that summer for me was really the summer of Eileen Davidson, who played no less than four different characters on Days of Our Lives. There was the crazy-eyed, baby-stealing Kristen; the bucktoothed, Elvis-obsessed, malapropism-prone Susan; Susan's nun sister Mary Moira; and their brother Thomas, who I don't really remember much about, except that he was a man, as in fact Eileen Davidson was herself occasionally rumored to be. It was really a magical storyline, and to this day I'm still not sure whether the writers at the time were intentionally making it shit-your-pants funny. But anyway, there are tons of clips of it on Youtube; just search for "Days of Our Lives Kristen." You'll have to leave your self respect at the door.

We also found a bunch of clips from Square One TV, hands down my favorite math-related children's television program of the late eighties. If you don't remember the lyrics to "Eight Percent of My Heart," well then, you just might not have one.

My next mission is to find back 3-2-1 contact and "The Bloodhound Gang." Frankly, I'd just like to know why Mr. Bloodhound was never there.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?