<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye, 2006!

Hard to believe another year has come and gone. It was a good one, though:

-- The Winter Olympics delighted a nation with the beauty and majesty of women's short track speed skating.
-- Someone broke into the laundry room at my old building and stole approximately $3.75 in quarters. Several months later, change-related crimes reached their all-time high, as my landlord broke into our apartment and stole Roommate Liz's piggy bank.
-- My ten year high school reunion served as a cautionary tale about the dangers of smoking and all-you-can-eat buffets.
-- Project Runway made me actually develop opinions about sewing machines and the finishing on hems.
-- I took exciting business trips to Champaign, Naperville, and Connecticut. Glamour, thy name is honor bar.
-- The Super Bowl happened.
-- I bought a new condo, giving me the rare opportunity to legally case other people's homes.
-- Flavor of Love restored our country's faith in romance.
-- Roommate Liz got fleas, possibly from watching Flavor of Love.
-- The November election handed Democrats control of both the House and Senate, challenging them to come up with new ways to cave and capitulate.
-- TBS aired Sister Act II: Back in the Habit about one hundred times.
-- I won a still-unopened copy of Destiny's Child's "Soldier" at Dave & Busters.
-- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes had a fantasy wedding in more than one sense of the term.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?