<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 17, 2006

'Tis the Season

Roommate Liz and I had our annual holiday party last night. It was much the same as in previous years, with lots of Christmas-tree-shaped Hostess Snack Cakes, holiday-themed crafts, and a song and dance medley of Christmas songs about bells. Slutty Santa even showed up with his Slutty Reindeer. Because I've lost interest in trashing my place ever since I bought, however, we had it at Parrot's Bar and Grill, the bar so great it doesn't even need a paragraph describing it on Metromix. This meant that we had lots of colorful regulars continually interrupting the proceedings to rant incoherently or attempt to put pitchers on my tab. It also meant that I did not have to spend my morning picking glitter and feathers out of my dining room carpet. Well, no more than on an average day.

There was a bit of a mishap, however, when Roommate Liz had a bit too much to drink, christened the Parrot's women's restroom, and disappeared without saying a word to anyone. We were about to send out a search party, or at the very least vie for a basic cable news documentary on the subject, when we received word that she had merely taken a cab home and retired to bed for the evening. Luckily the door prizes had already been awarded (including an amazing Bela Karolyi VHS cassette), so it essentially just meant more Jewel taco dip for everyone else to eat. We struggled on bravely, as man must continually do.

Pictures of the event will of course follow later this week.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?