<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

File Under "Years, New"

Back at work today after a week and a half off. It's the first time that I've actually been gone long enough for my office to look different to me upon my return. I checked three times to make sure none of my CDs were stolen. But no, the only actual difference was the big stack of exciting mail items like court reporter bills and press releases about partners serving on committees issued by my firm. Which is good, because I know the cleaning lady has totally been eyeing my copy of Abba's Greatest Hits.

New Year's Eve was very pleasant and relatively uneventful. Roommate Liz made a lovely meal, which was made even more enjoyable by the fact that I drank red wine for two hours before it was served. We had a few friends over and aspired to play board games, to the point of setting one up on the dining table, without ever actually doing so. (A hearty round of Super Mario 3 did erupt, however, as it invariably does.) Mainly we just chatted, drank, and watched the skeleton of Carson Daly host the Times Square countdown. I fear (hope?) that Tara Reid has put some sort of hex on him.

I'm not sure that it really feels like a new year to me yet, though. Maybe I should set to writing "2007" in multi-colored pen all over the back of my Lisa Frank notebook, just to drive the point home.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?