<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Nws & Cmmnt

My home laptop, which I purchased from my law school way back when buying a computer was more like buying a house, has this fun technical issue whereby random keys will sometimes stop working. So occasionally I'll look back at a sentence and discover that I need to buy a vowel. The only real solution I've found to this problem is to repeatedly bang on the key as hard as I can, which I actually think is how John Grisham writes his novels. But anyway, if anything I type here doesn't make sense, it's because of that and not any of the standard reasons for me not making sense.

As for our news headlines, there's not a ton to report. I spent most of last night drinking cheap white wine with ice cubes in it in my friend's hotel room and reading the messages she'd gotten from guys on Match.com. This was kind of interesting because it turns out a lot of people use form messages for those things, so she would get really generic ones like the swoonworthy "Hey, I saw your profile and you seem really cool. If you'd like to get to know me better, write back." Then she'd get others that were shockingly specific, even to the point of asking her to meet at a certain place and time, which to me sounds like a recipe for a kidnapping. And then there were the people who definitely went with the overshare, including their DUIs, child custody disputes, and recent medical maladies in their "get to know you" messages. Entertainment, folks. That's entertainment.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?