<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Cold, Hard, Cash

Yesterday I received my first-ever bonus at work. It was very strange for me, given that in all of my previous employment, bonuses have generally taken the form of free bagels on Monday mornings or all the office supplies you can steal. But I definitely enjoyed it. My first instinct was to immediately blow it all on cookie cake and wine in a box, but as that amount of Franzia would invariably prove fatal, I made a quick trip to the bank instead. Financially stable AND sensible -- can't you tell I'm 29 now?

In other news, it is so cold that my ears feel like they're going to fall out every time I step outside. I'm not what you'd call a hat fan (my hair goes from zero to fro in 1.3 seconds), and I haven't ever bothered to buy those little ear things that people wear on the train resulting in them not hearing my request that they please not handle my wang, so my ears are definitely suffering. It's worth it to constantly hear people ask me why I don't have a hat as though they're asking why I've just committed a brutal murder, though. The moral dimension to headgear is so often overlooked.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?