<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Golden Years

For some reason, I received an invitation to join the AARP in the mail this week. It informed me that that esteemed organization had reviewed its records and found me eligible for membership, but that I had inexplicably failed to take advantage of the many benefits available to those fifty and older. It enclosed a membership card for my use.

I have to say that I believe this will be an enormous boon to my social life. To begin with, I'm going to get a pretty sweet discount at the movies, although I think I will be required to only view films starring Clint Eastwood and Angela Lansbury. I also know that there's going to be a wide array of adult education classes now open to me, including, I like to think, courses in water aerobics and how to make a fine windsor chair. Maybe I will even rush an adult education fraternity and go to a few mixers. Plus, I'm guessing that meeting Wilford Brimley pretty much comes standard with a membership in the AARP, which is good, because I have a lot of questions about what it was like to work on the set of Our House. For instance, what was it like to work with Deidre Hall? I bet he'll say amazing.

Of course, all of this begs the larger question of how exactly the AARP decided that I am over fifty. Perhaps they found out about all my crafting. Big Brother, thy name is JoAnn Fabrics.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?