<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Slow News Day

I may have to spearhead a campaign to keep America's broadcasters from running marathons of America's Next Top Model. For the second time in two months, I find myself transfixed for hours at a time by the exploits of the overdramatic and underfed. Somehow I'm longing to put on yellow contacts and dark eye makeup and allow Tyra Banks to photograph me. Who could ever hope to accomplish anything under such circumstances?

Luckily it's a fairly slow weekend, anyway. My biggest adventure so far has been a trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond, where one of my friends told me they sell the specialty light bulbs I need for my kitchen fixtures. Of course, she imparted this information to me when she was drunk, so as it turned out, Bed, Bath & Beyond had nothing of the sort. The important thing is that I got to hunt for parking in Lincoln Park on a Saturday afternoon, though. That's fun under any circumstances.

The word on the street is that we're going to get several inches of snow today. No sign of that yet, but I want to go on record with a big old "fuck Winter," regardless. I'm inches away from retiring to Florida.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?