<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Out Sick

So I had to call in sick today. I hate to do it because since I have to bill a certain number of hours each year anyway, staying home today just means I'll be making it up some Saturday or weeknight. But after the third vomiting episode, I had to admit that I am perhaps not fit for the office. Or anywhere, for that matter. I've been lying in my bed all day alternating between chills and fever, which has the interesting effect of causing me to pile every single blanket in our house on top of myself before eventually casting them off in a fit of rage. Plus I'm not thinking at all clearly, which resulted in me sobbing for about twenty minutes during a particularly heavy episode of Scrubs. Also in me almost buying some scrubs at Walgreens during my over the counter meds trip. They were on sale for $5.99 in a nice variety of colors.

Speaking of which, why is it always when I'm literally dying that I end up behind some lady who can't find her credit card? She found her ATM card, her library card, her Subway Sub Club card (mmm, delicious values), and her Sam Waterston Fan Club Card (okay, I made that one up), but no credit card. She just kept helplessly burbling "Oh, well, I know it's in here somewhere... wait, that's not it... no, I really want to put this on credit... hold on a second." The man in line behind me buying souvenir Chicago shot glasses at 9:30 in the morning was not at all pleased.

But anyway, I think I'm going to go pass in and out of consciousness for a while. The good news is I have no appetite at all, so I think I can make up for some of that Lenten fasting I totally forgot to do.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?