<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 23, 2007

TV Guide

In perhaps the most horrifying turn of events ever, our DVR is broken. It's still recording programs, but it won't allow you to watch them. Which, you know, you kind of want to do. (Don't worry, though, On Demand still works fine -- my viewing of vaguely sad singles ads continues unabated.) It's also making a really loud buzzing noise. So loud that at first I thought it was my upstairs neighbors vacuuming. Accordingly, I have missed out on all of my regular Thursday night programming. How can one person be allowed to suffer so much?

I did, however, catch last night's Charm School, and I am ready to declare it the Finest Television Program That Has Ever Aired. Now, I've never been a huge fan of Mo'Nique and her enormous haunches, but I have to say I really enjoy the interesting blend of sanctimoniousness and outright mockery she brings to this program. I'm also exceedingly glad to see some of my favorite Flavor of Love girls again, including, um, the one who cries all the time and the one with the hair that looks like it's made out of yarn. Plus, they're all trying to kill each other over $50,000. Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't a person "win" that sum just by getting a job?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?