<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Domestic Disturbances

Now that it's nice out, I've been sleeping with the windows open a lot. This has led to me overhearing a lot of interesting conversations. For instance, a few weeks ago I heard a group of drunk people sitting in the yard next to my building discussing our nation's current policies in the Mideast. The perspectives represented included everything from 1) have you played that Iraq videogame? to 2) I think flying one of those bombers would be pretty cool to 3) I could really go for a burrito right now. It was like I was eavesdropping on a cabinet meeting. By which I mean a meeting of kitchen cabinets, naturally.

Last night, however, really took the cake, as I heard our upstairs neighbors engaging in an extensive dialogue over what it means to be "ignoring" someone and whether this is appropriate behavior to be engaged in "when you know I'm really stressed out over the tile samples" and "after I just caught you talking to that skank with the split ends from Pottery Barn that you used to date." There were some excellent counterpoints raised, such as "do we really have to talk about this now?" and "come on, just get off it, okay?" but in the end the logic of a "Fuck you, okay? You can just go drive out to your mom's by yourself this weekend, how about that?" could not be ignored. Or maybe it could, if the sounds of angry sex that soon emanated are any indication.

It's going to be a sad, sad day when I finally have to turn on the air conditioning.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?