<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Let's Get Physical

I decided to actually do a Comcast On Demand Workout the other day. It was "Cardio Party 3" (I don't know what happened to Cardio Parties 1 and 2) as hosted by an incredibly enthusiastic young man who actually didn't look all that imposingly fit but did seem to enjoy barking commands. It involved a lot of marching back and forth and lifting of knees, and I have to say I kind of liked it. They even had a lady, most likely named Carol or Pam, who performed easier versions of the moves for you in case you found the hand waving a bit too intense. The "cool down" seemed to be mostly heavy breathing, but hey, if you're into that I won't judge. It was as least as entertaining as any given episode of The George Lopez Show.

Sadly, some of the other workouts didn't really cut it. I quickly skipped out of one after I determined it was aimed at brides-to-be, as evidenced by the host's frequent shouts of "imagine you're marching down that aisle" and "toss that bouquet!" Another was supposed to be hip hop based, but seemed mainly to draw that designation from the prop burned-out car in the background. And there was one that, I kid you not, was just walking. I am still feeling the burn, although that may be because I actually did set myself on fire.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?