<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Lunch of the Damned

I had lunch with one of the alumni representatives from my law school last week. I don't know why I agreed to do this, as these things always cost way more in discomfort than they pay out in terms of soup and sandwich, but somehow I did. I think maybe I thought it was going to be amusingly awkward, but I forgot that, much like slipping on a banana peel or being named Saaphyri, these things are only funny when they're happening to someone else.

But anyway, most of the lunch consisted of the alumni lady talking about herself, which did at least provide an interesting character portrait. I learned that A) she has many allergies, which she does not really care for, B) she had dreams of being a chemist, but fell back on hectoring people for money as a second choice, C) she has a crush on Charlie Rose, D) she has absolutely no interest in or enthusiasm for the law as a profession (which is something we share), and E) she really wasn't kidding about that crush on Charlie Rose. Actually, there was a lot more of this, but I kind of tuned out and began giving her a mental makeover. I really think some bangs might be nice.

We did talk a little bit about the school, including the fact that our ranking has risen back to its previous glory, which probably would have been great news had I ever known what we were ranked in the first place. I also got a colorful two-pocket folder out of the deal, which will no doubt adorn my desk for many festive years to come.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?