<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Ghost World

Last night I went on Chicago's only bus-based ghost tour. I was a little bit disappointed because I had kind of pictured creeping through dilapidated old mansions with a flashlight and instead got three hours listening to a guy make lame jokes on a converted school bus, but it was still pretty fun. It turns out there are a lot of haunted places in Chicago, or else the tour guide was just a really good liar. We went to the site of this awful theater fire around the turn of the century, and also the spot along the river where a lot of people died when some boat sank. See, tragedy can be entertaining!

Overall, I have to say that the tour wasn't that scary. I was hoping that a ghost might try to murder someone while I was there, but that didn't happen. The only semi-scary thing was when people took photographs that had orbs in them, these little dots of light where you can kind of see a person's face. I mean, sure, maybe it's just some sciency thing I don't understand, but it definitely seems like the undead desperate to puts some message across. Maybe "get a better camera," I don't know.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?