<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Michigander

I spent much of this weekend at a beach house in Michigan, and I'm afraid I've developed a taste for it. It turns out there are places where Lake Michigan isn't so filled with the fecal matter of people from Milwaukee that you can't swim in it, and that beaches don't necessarily have to be packed with troglodytic former ATOs hepped up on Natty Light. On the other side of that great lake, as a matter of fact, houses are only five million dollars as opposed to ten, and people demonstrate a Canadian-like enthusiasm for not locking their doors. I thought about popping into a few and setting myself up with a new stereo, but ultimately I deemed that to be unsporting.

But anyway, I had a delightful weekend. The weather was beautiful, but no one seemed to feel the need to comment on it incessantly. We went for a long walk down the beach and frolicked in the surf like people from a fragrance ad. I tried without success to build a sand castle in the style of Frank Gehry. We played beach volleyball, which looked a lot more like people having spasms in the sand. I even had a guest house all to myself, which made me feel like I was on The OC back when Marissa was still alive and The OC was still cool. Michigan (at least the beachfront, non auto- and crime-producing part) gets a huge thumbs up from me.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?