<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Children Are Our Future

Did I mention that my firm let me teach in a training program this summer? It was totally awesome. I always thought teaching was a lot of hard work, but it turns out you can just talk about yourself for hours on end. And people generally feel like they have to laugh at your jokes, so you can act as stupid as you want. Oh, and there's free food involved. Just sandwiches, but they're the good kind with fun bread and lots of condiments. Mmmm, condiments.

The subject of this program was depositions, so I got to give people helpful feedback like "It might be more effective if you swore less" and "Strangling opposing counsel can be a controversial technique." And there was a lot of saying "I object," which always makes a person feel like Matlock. I also advised them, of course, to get a good breakfast before heading out to the deposition and to make sure to stay off drugs. I think I really changed some lives that day.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?