<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Hills Are Alive

I guess it's time to come out and admit that I love The Hills.

Laguna Beach never really did it for me, as I found most of the people on it to be shallow and irritating and also, often, very difficult to hear. Plus I though Stephen was pretty much a pint-sized douchebag, and couldn't understand why any girl would want to date him, much less two. Oh, and the aggressive fakeness of it all -- how cameras just happened to be ready to film these dramatic moments from multiple angles in perfectly tv-sized increments -- made me crazy.

But despite the presence of most of these elements in The Hills, I somehow like it. I think mainly I enjoy Whitney, who has good hair and a job and kind of looks like Emma from Degrassi Junior High: The Next Generation (grown up Emma, not the troll-faced kid Emma). I also like Lo, who has a ridiculous name but enjoys Fruity Pebbles and seems to think all of these people are crazy. Beyond that, it's nice that the show actually seems to recognize (even emphasize) the fact that Spencer is not just scuzzy but also possibly a serial killer waiting to happen. Oh, and he's a terrible decorator, let's not forget that. No one was sad to see that mural go.

Anyway, I realize this may change some people's view of me, but I just had to get it off my chest. I can't go on living a lie.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?