<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 18, 2007

On Land & Sea

It's Air & Water Show weekend here in Chicago, which means I've felt like I've been living in WWII era London for the past few days. I've never particularly understood the joy of seeing low-flying planes moving at an incredible rate of speed in a densely-populated urban area, but maybe that's just me. It certainly does tend to bring a crowd out every year to park in my neighborhood and strew empties on my lawn, so it's got to be doing something right. But pardon me if I'm a bit cranky.

In case there was any doubt, my work travel never materialized, so Providence will have to wait for another day. Perhaps I'll honeymoon there, who knows?

My couches arrived this morning. They gave me a delivery window of 9:30-11:30 AM and then arrived at 8:45. I answered the door in my boxers just to get even. But the good news is that, despite my utter failure to take any measurements in conjunction with this purchase, the couches in question fit my living room perfectly. Really ideal for the playing of Dr. Mario.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?