<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Deja Vu

It has been brought to my attention that I recently posted the same anecdote twice. This is kind of a shock to me, mainly because it's hard to believe I've never done that before in three plus years of writing this thing. I was also shocked, though, that I couldn't remember posting the same story a matter of weeks before. Have I recently suffered some head wound without noticing? I've decided not to be too bothered about it, though. Toni Morrison has been writing the same story over and over again for years, and she's like total best friends with Oprah. I'd settle for just dinner and a hand job from Gayle.

Anyway, I promise to try to do better in the future. Specifically, if I repeat myself I will not change the story the second time around, thus exposing that my entire life is just a tissue of lies. Also, I'll go for cute literary effects. Perhaps I'll retell it in the style of a Faulkner or Hemingway. I think my sister's exploits with the maintenance man are definitely deserving. Or maybe the story could be retold in pictures. I've got a box of Crayolas just crying out for a subject.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?