<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 10, 2007

Film Buff

Did I mention that I finally joined Netflix? I know, I'm such an early adopter. I'm thinking about buying a color television and checking out this thing called the fax machine next. But seriously, it's kind of great because it makes you realize that there are all kinds of movies that you didn't even know you wanted to see that it turns out you totally want to see. Although probably not right away. I think it's good for a movie to sit on your kitchen counter for a while before you watch it. You don't want to seem too desperate.

So anyway, this weekend we watched Zodiac. It kind of scared the piss out of me. I went through a whole phase this spring where I was convinced the Zodiac killer was after me (like, lurking behind the credenza and stuff) before I even saw the movie, so maybe it wasn't the best choice. I had to do that thing where you look away in anticipation of the gory part and have someone else tell you when you can look back at the screen again. But I thought it was really well-acted and visually interesting. There were lots of fun seventies-style haircuts and/or clothing on display. I just ended up sleeping with the TV on that night, that's all. And it was set on the E! network. Now that's frightening.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?