<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, September 01, 2007

From the Department of Old-Timey Diseases

So apparently I have scarlet fever. Also strep throat, but that doesn't really sound nearly as impressive. I've had a sore throat for the past week, but I figured that might be from screaming the High School Musical 2 soundtrack at the top of my lungs repeatedly, to the delight of my neighbors, so I didn't really worry about it. Then, on Thursday, I noticed a little bit of a rash appearing on my arms. Again, I wasn't all that concerned, thinking that it could be from any number of things, from my dry cleaners' insistence on a heavy, heavy starch to the general skankiness of my gym's locker room. But when that rash extended all the way down my arms and also started on my legs today (Am I sharing too much? We're friends, right?), I had to get myself some good old fashioned medical attention.

Having scarlet fever isn't honestly all that terrible. It itches a little, and I'm not exactly rocking the short sleeves this weekend, but it allows me to skip out on things I don't really want to do this weekend (i.e. church, going shopping with my mother) on the theory that my condition may still be communicable. (I'm definitely going to refer to it as either my "condition" or my "affliction," I haven't decided yet.) Plus it sounds really dramatic, as though I'm going to die in the third act of the opera. Oh, and they've handed me a variety of meds, which I always appreciate.

Next time around I'm definitely going for pleurisy or rickets. I'm going to get every fun-to-say disease in the book!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?