<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Computer World

So I got my new computer the other night. After weeks of deliberation (read: I called my parents and told them to pick one out for me) I finally ordered and picked up a laptop from Best Buy. That was kind of cool because the process took all of ten minutes from start to finish, but it did lead to me having to engage in a terrible conversation with the man in line behind me:

Man: So you bought online?
Me: Yup.
Man: Was that easy?
Me: Um, yeah, pretty easy.
Man: Did you pay with your credit card?
Me: Yes.
Man: I'm asking because I've always thought about doing that but I never have.
Me: Oh yeah?
Man: But it was easy?
Me: Yes.
Man: Interesting.

I was not surprised when it turned out he was at the service desk to get a $2 refund on the obscure horror movie he bought three days before it went on sale.

But anyway, I have a new computer now that has more features than I could ever know what to do with. Even a built in video camera, which I have yet to successfully activate. Still, this is a big step for someone who spent his formative years with a Vic 20.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?