<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

From the Department of Noises You Don't Want Your Computer to Make

So there I was, Sunday afternoon, unsuspectingly typing away on some incredible post or other (likely about Top Model, if history is any indication), when my computer completely froze up and started making the most horrible clicking noise (seriously, it sounded like the noise the girl made in the commercial for The Exorcism of Emily Rose). Since I am a total computer wiz, I followed my time-honored technique of hitting ctrl-alt-delete, but nothing happened. I then turned the thing off manually, only to be greeted with the news that my hard drive was "missing" when I turned it back on. My next move, of course, was to cry, but my bitter tears seemed to lack PC-healing qualities. So a new computer, it seems, is in store.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with my computer, it is the Dell laptop I purchased from my law school back in 2000. It has a fun habit of shutting down randomly and half of the keys stick from time to time, leading to sentences like "lt's g t th bach." I have in fact heard the horrible clicking sound before, when my hard drive died during antitrust in my third year of law school (actually, I died a little bit in there every day) and dumped all of my notes for the semester. But still I hold some affection for it, as I do most destructive forces in my life.

Anyway, posting may be spotty (and a bit cleaner than usual), as I have to use my work computer until this situation is resolved.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?