<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 22, 2007

Getting Personal

I kind of love my new personal trainer. Not only does she kick my ass with each and every workout (seriously, it turns out there are all kinds of muscles I didn't even know were real), but she frequently says unintentionally amusing things. For instance, a conversational staple for her is the phrase "I know, right?" This serves as an answer to all kinds of statements, from "the weather was nice this weekend" to "the Holocaust was kind of a downer." She also frequents the intensifiers, making every occurrence more exciting, whether it's a "super hardcore workout" or a "totally awesome Gray's Anatomy." Then there are her conversational topics, which range from "how much she loves Disney World" to "whether I've seen the movie 300" (which she has asked me every single week since I met her, in shocking disregard of the realities of Netflix listing). It's like I'm training with a seventh grade homeroom class.

And now she's asked me to write a little blurb for her to use on her personal training website. I have a feeling that I should perhaps not say all the things I've mentioned above, as many people may not see the appeal of working out with someone who thinks Apartheid was a contestant on America's Next Top Model. I guess I'll just write "really works those lats" and get on with my life.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?