<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Packed Social Calendar

Apologies for the radio silence over the past several days. The fact of the matter is that I was simply too busy to write during my time in Quincy. I had to play Dizzy Dizzy Dinosaur with my parents and attend a birthday party for one of our dogs. As it turns out, the more one's parents age, the more they become like children. And so I had to scrape the bottom of the board game closet and help to dress my dog in a princess costume.

It also turns out that internet access has become something of a hot issue in our household. My mother maintains that the current, ten-minutes-per-page-download dial-up system they have is perfectly adequate for their needs. She does have a point, as primarily they like to check email and download pictures of puppies. But my father responds that putting a busy signal out to the world some ten hours a day is perhaps not ideal in the event an elderly relative should fall down the stairs or some poor hapless child become stranded by the road. To avoid having to participate in this debate, I tend to try to stay away from the computer. But should they ask, I would point out that they had a dot matrix printer until about two years ago. There's no real concern they'll become early adopters here.

But anyway, I'm back, though much scarred, and you'll be hearing from me again soon.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?