<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 11, 2007

South Bend Weekend 2000!

As I believe I mentioned, I went to visit my friend Erin in South Bend this weekend, continuing my tradition of visiting sassy redheads in Indiana. Although I was repeatedly warned in advance that there was "nothing to do" in South Bend (obviously someone hasn't heard of the Healthworks! Kids Museum or the Morris Performing Arts Center), we had a pretty nice time. We had dinner in a completely empty restaurant -- apparently no one does anything else while the Notre Dame game is on -- and went to no fewer than four different bars. In the first one, there was a lady with sick ass bangs playing the Mandolin, and in the last one there was an enormous sheet cake in honor of someone named Perry's birthday. Who could ask for anything more?

My one complaint about my South Bend experience would have to be that Indiana for some reason believes you should have to pay five or six bucks for the pleasure of driving on their highways. I went through like three film canisters (remember those?) full of change! Plus you have very few options for roadside dining, which led to me eating lunch at a Hardee's (remember those?). I witnessed an employee there pull a huge hunk of curly fries out of the deep fryer and hack it apart with a pick. Not their best advertisement.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?