<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Snow Job

We got a little bit of snow in Chicago yesterday. This meant several things. First, I didn't feel at all bad about allowing myself to stay home last night to watch Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency and work on my Christmas cards. Second, I had an excuse not to make my scheduled attempt at fixing the motion sensor lights on the side door to our building, an attempt that almost certainly could have resulted in my electrocution. But perhaps best of all, I decided to wear tennis shoes with my dress clothes for the commute this morning, which made me feel like America's Douchiest Soccer Mom. Nothing says "classy" like french cuffs and some Nikes.

Anyway, it was a fairly quiet day today due to the snow. Whenever there's any kind of weather action all the people from the suburbs act like they'd have to take a dogsled to get here. Essentially, it was just me and the secretaries who don't have any days off left this year. And yet still no one wanted to make copies for me.

I always get so cranky with the first real onset of Winter. I swear a lot and think about moving to Mexico. Thank God I had Top Model and Project Runway to get me through this difficult time.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?