<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 11, 2008

Automotive Department

I know that people do all kinds of things while they're driving. And far be it from me to judge, for I have attempted both reading and changing my pants while behind the wheel. (Both successfully, I might add.) But today on my way home I witnessed a woman eating a sandwich with one hand and trying to pop a zit with the other as she careened down Lake Shore Drive. I mean, forget about safety; that's not even hygenic.

Of course, I've barely been able to get my car out of the driveway for the past few days. The melting and refreezing of the snow has resulted in a five-inch wall of ice surrounding my car, and the only way one can get over it is by angling the tires just right and rocking back and forth. Add in the fact that the trip backwards into the alley is wholly blind, and it's a recipie for pure and utter safety. I'm thinking of switching over to a dogsled team.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?