<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 01, 2008

Come Fly With Me

I'm supposed to be in New York right now, but due to a steady two days of snow and flight cancellations, I am instead sitting in my room watching the last ten minutes of Make Me a Supermodel. I've decided that the really fun thing about the airlines is all the lying. I mean, why do they have to pretend that they're going to get a plane out at 12:15 at night during a blizzard? Why can't they just admit it's cancelled? Is it just that they love the thrill of getting people to drive out to the airport and sit in those uncomfortable chairs for hours at a time?

Luckily, this time I didn't take the bait. I stayed home and reviewed documents for work as I received message after message about cancellations and delays. And when my flight was officially delayed about eight hours, I had the good sense to realize that there was no chance of it going anywhere, no matter what American said. Admittedly, I was assisted in this task by the fact that I 1) have eyes and 2) can see when banks of snow are pushing up against my second story windows. If only the folks in the airline business could be as savvy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?