<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 09, 2008

World Traveler

I am supposed to be flying to New York in a few hours. I am a little skeptical that this will actually happen, given my last experience with air travel, but today's snow has been limited just to occasional flurries, so I figure there's some chance of me actually departing. Regardless, I am heading out to O'Hare momentarily. If nothing else, I guess I can stop by the O'Hare Chili's, a social hot spot if there ever was one. I feel a Megarita coming on.

I am not the world's best traveler. I suffer anxiety about the smallest things, such as whether the airline is actually going to place my carry on bag in the storage area and whether the girl in the seat in front of me might be a terrorist. Taking off my shoes as I go through security makes me feel violated in a most profound way. I constantly worry that I'm sitting at the wrong gate. Oh, and I can't pack at all. I pretty much bring six outfits for every place I go.

But I am leaving nonetheless. I am going for less than 24 hours, so I doubt I will have anything interesting to report, but I will get back to you with hotel and conference room details that will be sure to stir your soul.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?