<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 24, 2008

At the Watercooler

Yesterday was Administrative Professionals Day. I got my secretary a card with a painting of sailboats on the front and a blank inside from a box that I bought when I was in undergrad. And also a check. I figured that was better than flowers, which generally die, or candy, which generally gets eaten by someone other than the secretary and quite frequently by the gifter him- or herself. She seemed to like it. Actually, she said she "felt weird" about it because she has only been working for me for a few weeks. I told her to view it as reparations for my future crimes.

Actually, I think she may have earned it already, though. Work has been crazy busy and I've asked her to create more redline documents than I had ever previously dreamed possible. I frequently have to ask other people to do things like that that are probably quite simple but I have no idea how to do. The other day I asked someone to take a document off of a flash drive for me. I didn't realize that all you really have to do is plug it into your computer. I also frequently have to ask people to format documents for me. As far as I'm concerned, bullet points arise from some freaky voodoo magic.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?